The key is to buy expensive headphones before you're married! (lots of HP-2 pics

deepak

Hmm...this is the first time I heard this in a Grado the sound actually sounds 3D similar to the K1000, HE90, Omega 2.

By this I mean it has some serious depth. At this stage I think I could sell everything except for the HP-2, K1000 and be very happy.

Hmm...this is the first time I heard this in a Grado the sound actually sounds 3D similar to the K1000, HE90, Omega 2.

By this I mean it has some serious depth. At this stage I think I could sell everything except for the HP-2, K1000 and be very happy.

With the HP's your a bit farther back from the stage, which gives you a better sense of depth. Depending upon the source and amp you have hooked up, the level of 3 dimensionality will be there in spades. With my Meridian G08 if I close my eyes the sound just swirls around my head, and images are real and tangible in front of me.

With the HP's your a bit farther back from the stage, which gives you a better sense of depth. Depending upon the source and amp you have hooked up, the level of 3 dimensionality will be there in spades. With my Meridian G08 if I close my eyes the sound just swirls around my head, and images are real and tangible in front of me.

They're extremely source sensitive. The E-MU1212 soundcard gets a lot of praise for $200 at Headfi. I picked up one up at Musician's Friend during that $100 sale, and the HP-2 sounds unacceptable out of it and an M3 amp. Differences were far from small.

Oh yes recstar, I saw in your old HP-2 thread you liked Dungen with the HP-2. I've been listening to Ta De Lugnt non stop, sounds wonderful on them. I've been into Dungen since Stadsvandringar.

Any other Finnish/Swedish kraut-ish recommendations?

Oh yes recstar, I saw in your old HP-2 thread you liked Dungen with the HP-2. I've been listening to Ta De Lugnt non stop, sounds wonderful on them. I've been into Dungen since Stadsvandringar.

Any other Finnish/Swedish kraut-ish recommendations?

You should listen to some Can and tell us how that works out. I find Can to be a very challenging but very satisfying listen on a good headphone system.

Which is their best album? AMG says Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi or Future Days.

Future Days is the smoothest and funkiest out of the albums, and is preferred by some Can fans even though it may not be as respected as Tago and Ege. Ege Bamyasi and Tago Mago are both CRAZY good discs, having said that. A bit rawer, rougher, and more challenging a listen then Future Days, but still a pleasure to listen to. All three albums are definitely "mind blowers" in my opinion. I like AMGs comparison of them to Zappa and VU. They are like Zappa, except serious, and they are like VU, except technically talented.

So its difficult for me to pick one, but any one of those three you can't go wrong with.

yeah, really you gotta catch 'em all. :dance:

btw they are re-releasing Can's whole catalog on SACD. they sound great.

It looks like Future Days is already out on hybrid SACD. I might try and grab this on vinyl, even though my vinyl plans have been put on hold for now.

It looks like Future Days is already out on hybrid SACD. I might try and grab this on vinyl, even though my vinyl plans have been put on hold for now.

I have Ege, Tago, Future, and Monster on SACD, all sound fantastic.

In other news, I actually pulled out the yellow pages and found a hi-fi shop that has been in business in Mobile for 33 years. I'm going to call and ask if they sell turntables, maybe I'll actually be able to go give one a listen. Or maybe they hire Best Buy rejects, we'll see. ;)