Ramblings on the importance of amps

aerius

Or it could be that people are just parrots and sheep and just follow along and repeat what everyone else is saying.

After reading this, my parrots asked me to tell you that they are insulted being compared to sheep! :stick:

Seriously though, I have a Macaw that definitely thinks and speaks for himself. He understands and speaks a small subset of English and doesn't just repeat what we say. He knows at least 100 words and uses most of them appropriately, including some 4 letter words.

Edit: Oops. Didn't notice how old this thread was. Sorry.

After reading this, my parrots asked me to tell you that they are insulted being compared to sheep! :stick:

Seriously though, I have a Macaw that definitely thinks and speaks for himself. He understands and speaks a small subset of English and doesn't just repeat what we say. He knows at least 100 words and uses most of them appropriately, including some 4 letter words.

Edit: Oops. Didn't notice how old this thread was. Sorry.

Since this thread was already dead, I'll kill it again with this totally irrelevant post:

One of my favorite memories comes from a dinner party at a wealthy person's home back in the 1970s. I wasn't invited to the party, no kids were (we were about 16 at the time), so we were hanging out in the basement of the home, playing pool and doing all sorts of bad things while the party sedately continued overhead.

Oh wait...background: My friend's father was a well-known psychologist, primarily through his published research and his work at the University of Michigan at the time. There had been an "important" international conference at the University, where esteemed colleagues traveled from around the globe to attend and ended up at this diner party at his home. Back in the day, people would wear tuxedos and gowns to such a dinner. A chef was hired, servants served multiple courses, and a chamber group was hired to play during dinner. All very polite and proper. /background

So, we're hanging out in the basement, playing pool and doing all sorts of bad things. Phillip, my friend, had a big Macaw that lived in a cage in the grand foyer of the home. All of a sudden, in the midst of this very sophisticated party held to impress the world's top psychologists, the bird, named Chumley, started squaking as loudly as only a Macaw can, "Fuck the world! Fuck the world! Fuck the world!..." and wouldn't stop. Then he started shrieking "Phil-lip (accent on the second syllable)" to add to our joy. We all scrambled to get out of the house as fast as possible, but I would have loved to been a fly on the wall upstairs when Chumley started up. From the safety of the basement, it was simply the best.