My trackball mouse is breaking, thinking of replacing with touchpad.

For those that have used a touchpad that available for a desktop computer, is this a good idea or lame idea? I need something that will work while resting on my thigh. I use my computer while I'm in an arm chair with the keyboard on my knees and my mouse on my thigh. The trackball isn't that great of a set up. It's awkward and when it falls off of my lap the ball falls out and roles into the nearest open suer grate and I have to fish it out with a piece of chewed gum on a stick.

Are there many differences between brands of touchpads? Which one should I get? What's the best value for performance? It seems you guys know your computer stuff. Thanks, aaron.

For those that have used a touchpad that available for a desktop computer, is this a good idea or lame idea? I need something that will work while resting on my thigh. I use my computer while I'm in an arm chair with the keyboard on my knees and my mouse on my thigh. The trackball isn't that great of a set up. It's awkward and when it falls off of my lap the ball falls out and roles into the nearest open suer grate and I have to fish it out with a piece of chewed gum on a stick.

Are there many differences between brands of touchpads? Which one should I get? What's the best value for performance? It seems you guys know your computer stuff. Thanks, aaron.

Touchpad? Yuck. I'd rather stick with my laser mouse. ;D

i had a touchpad on my laptop, and actually used it to play wow for a full nine months, up to and including full molten core runs. But when I had to do the hunter up quest to get my Rhok Delar Longbow, I had to buy a mouse because I couldn't do the winterspring demon without one. and i've been using one ever since!

at work I use a trackball and its great as well. hell i like all three technologies. now you have me all thinking I might buy a trackpad just for kicks for the desktop.

Lame idea -- get another trackball (what the L is a 'trackball mouse'? It's just 'trackball'.) with the kind of ball that doesn't fall out of it.

I'm addicted to my trackballs so badly, I barely know how to use a mouse.

Logitech FTW.

I'm using a logitech trackman wheel right now...