Signalcable MagicPower Digital vs. PS Audio Power Punch

Thaddy

Sorry for those who thought this was a review ::)

Anyways, the tax refund means I get to upgrade some components. With the addition of a DAC and an entry-level Monster power conditioner from the 'Gon, I'm going to try some power cables for real this time.

Since I'll be buying two, I've narrowed my choices down to those in the thread title. I can get both for $118 shipped (from SignalCable and AudioAdvisor), so that means I'm looking for the better of the two.

Try not to turn this thread into a huge mess, at least until the first 6 constructive posts or so O0

^ That's a sweet ass smiley!

Sorry for those who thought this was a review ::)

Anyways, the tax refund means I get to upgrade some components. With the addition of a DAC and an entry-level Monster power conditioner from the 'Gon, I'm going to try some power cables for real this time.

Since I'll be buying two, I've narrowed my choices down to those in the thread title. I can get both for $118 shipped (from SignalCable and AudioAdvisor), so that means I'm looking for the better of the two.

Try not to turn this thread into a huge mess, at least until the first 6 constructive posts or so O0

^ That's a sweet ass smiley!

try to diy a vh audio flavor 2 instead.

What DAC are you getting? I would bet that the signal cable magicpower would be better than the Punch. Another cable you might want to check out is the Asylum Power Cable from diycable.com. I have 3 or 4 of them and they work great for me.

Tiberian: That budget I mentioned includes 2 cables...

Tkam: I forgot about those. I remember you mentioning them to me a few times, but I could never remember the name of the site... I'll check it out. Oh, and I'm getting the Lite DAC-Ah.

Tiberian: That budget I mentioned includes 2 cables...

Tkam: I forgot about those. I remember you mentioning them to me a few times, but I could never remember the name of the site... I'll check it out. Oh, and I'm getting the Lite DAC-Ah.

DIY flavor 2: wattgate plugs - $33. wire - $4/ft. techflex and heatshrink shouldn't cost too much...

ive had franks cables (signal cable), ive had ps audio cables (well the lab cable), ive had quail, now i have the volex cuz grand enigima recommended them. Honestly the sc one is so damn stiff u can use it as a hula hoop. Its nice but annoying like that.

they are good. get them, they kick ass for cheap.

What do those Volex's look like? Anyone compared them to higher priced PC's? Are they better for source/dac or amp or both?

They are a pretty thick normal looking black cable... 14awg and shielded... I would stick with a nice 16awg shielded cable for your dac/source but it could not hurt to use on an amp. I have thried quite a few DIY and aftermarket cables and really like these a lot. You cant go wrong, especially for the price.

Philodox - I have an extra laying around if you would like it, that goes for anyone... just shoot me a PM.