Squeezebox Alert

n_maher

Well I didn't get that squeezebox, but I did pick one up. I'm surprised at how good the analog out is. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be terrible, but I must say I'm plesantly surprised. Not the greatest source in the world, but it's no slouch either...now for a DAC.

Well I didn't get that squeezebox, but I did pick one up. I'm surprised at how good the analog out is. I mean I wasn't expecting it to be terrible, but I must say I'm plesantly surprised. Not the greatest source in the world, but it's no slouch either...now for a DAC.

Seriously, if you're going to use the analog outputs for any period of time build even a simple regulated supply (wallwart/TREAD), I think you'll like the results. amb measured the stock switcher, it's terrible.

Yeah that little tiny wall-wart looks like, well a wart on the wall..it's so tiny. I've got parts for a sigma 11 coming so I'll use that. Now to find the dac on this thing and route the I2S signal out for the Opus DAC on its way :)

I need to figure out a way to squeeze an opus dac and an airport express into my m3 :)

Having a little trouble getting hooked up to Squeeze Network. There's some discussion out there about this, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else have trouble hooking up to Squeezenetwork?

I'm using the Airport card in my iMac as a software basestation. I had to assign the IP and subnet mask, but left the gateway and DNS at zeros. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen