Corrolary thread: your favourite partial albums

Dusty Chalk

You know how it goes -- the album would be perfect if it weren't for this one track, or these two tracks, or whatnot. (This is actually just an excuse to get rid of some of my favourite albums from my insanely long list.)

Deep Purple, Who Do We Think We Are? -- fine up until "Place In Line", which totally drags things down, and doesn't get much better with "Our Lady".

King Crimson, Red -- would've been fine if they had just put something more "Fractured"-like instead of the unorthodox improvisation of "Providence".

Talking Heads, Remain in Light -- this one pains me, because I really don't understand my dislike of "Once in a Lifetime", but I just don't -- I can listen to the rest of the album practically on infinite repeat, including the seemingly out-of-place "Seen and Not Seen" and "Listening Wind". I even enjoy the dirge-y "Overload". And don't even get me started on side 1 -- it's one of the greatest album sides of all time.

Alan Parsons Project, Tales of Mystery & Imagination by Edgar Allan Poe -- there's nothing wrong with "The Fall of the House of Usher", it just goes on a smidgen too long, and breaks up the momentum that the album had going at that point.

Those are just some of mine. I'll post more later as I think of them.

Yours?

Talking Heads, Remain in Light -- this one pains me, because I really don't understand my dislike of "Once in a Lifetime", but I just don't...

Wow, really? Even with its singly nature, I still find it an incredibly moving song, a fitting post-punk tribute to the absurdity of the existential kerouacian/beat new american dream.