Workout Playlist help

boomana

My personal preference is live Jimi Hendrix albums where he does long improvised guitar parts, I find it helps pass the time since there's little regular repeating melody so it's kinda like one big trip, figuratively speaking. Pink Floyd, along with Emerson, Lake & Palmer also work well, but I always end up going back to live Hendrix and Zeppelin.

Following that theme:

Free Bird

Green Grass and High Tides

Made in Japan

Lots of occasional Jethro Tull songs (Heavy Horses, No Lullaby, Dark Ages, Flying Dutchman, Pibroch (Cap In Hand), Baker St. Muse, Minstrel in the Gallery...)

Lots of occasional Genesis songs and tuplets (Home by the Sea/Second Home by the Sea, Behind the Lines/Duchess/Guide Vocal, Duke's Travels/Duke's End, Dodo/Lurker, In The Cage/Medley [from Three Sides Live], Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers.../...In That Quiet Earth/Afterglow, etc.) -- but you'd have to rip them that way (which I'd recommend anyway, since since when do you listen to them otherwise, anyway?)

Live versions of Talking Heads songs (Life During Wartime is practically an aerobic workout just watching David Byrne run around the stage, Born Under Punches from The Name of This Band is..., also: Houses in Motion and The Great Curve).