The Bijou Amp

fordgtlover

Hi guys

Just finished my Bijou. It's only got about 20 minutes on it so far, but this thing sounds great. I'm currently listening to Fiday Night in SF with my K701 - very sweet. :dance:

I'm not so great at describing the sound, but this amp certainly delivers - to me at least.

Cheers

Oh, I've temporarily mounted it on a piece of board so it looks pretty ghetto, so I won't post pics.

what's the dial above the headphone out?

bull crap

Should be the adjustable feedback.

From the Bijou Site

http://www.cavalliaudio.com/bijou/bijou.php

The Bijou is equipped with a variable NFB circuit. This helps the amplifier handle the range of headphone impedance from 32R to 300R. However, very little feedback is needed for high Z headphones. Some listeners may prefer no feedback at all.

Awesome! 8)

You guys make some really cool stuff.

I wish I had the brains/skills to make neat amps 'n stuff.

smeggy

Your ECR-500 write up is great. It looks like you've got some great wood working skills. I'm assuming that you turned those timber pieces?

I've been very fortunate that there are a lot of great DIY amp projects and plenty of community support. I'm just a gumby who is learning to weild a soldering iron. I started small with CMOYs and such and have not worked my way up to the higher voltage stuff. It's a bit intimidating, but with a bit of patience and a lot of care, it's working out. It's a great cost effective way to have some pretty good amps at a decent price. The Bijou will end up costing me about $400 all up. Now just got to get a case to make it look less ghettoriffic.

smeggy

stuffing a board is pretty straightforward if you pay attention to a few things. Trouble shooting requires a bit of practice. In fact, that's probably the real benefit of working your way up.

The case work is one of the most challenging parts of the build. Woodworking skills would be a real benefit in casing.