Simplify Media

thrice

• 4 weeks later...

I got a prompt this morning to update to the latest version, which promised to be less of a resource hog. After doing so, the app is horribly squirrelly. Getting constant connection requests and it keeps trying to rebuild the song lists -- pegging my processors in the, um, process. Anyone else having trouble?

Well I got Simplify working again, but had a chance to play with Mojo in the interim and it's just a much, much, much (did I mention much, much, much) better app for Mac users. And not only because it incorporates, shall we say, additional functionality alongside simple streaming from remote libraries.

My friend is running the Windows Beta version on XP and hasn't had any problems with that so far, so MS users aren't shut out.

Anyway, it's well worth checking out.

Well I got Simplify working again, but had a chance to play with Mojo in the interim and it's just a much, much, much (did I mention much, much, much) better app for Mac users. And not only because it incorporates, shall we say, additional functionality alongside simple streaming from remote libraries.

My friend is running the Windows Beta version on XP and hasn't had any problems with that so far, so MS users aren't shut out.

Anyway, it's well worth checking out.

Do you know whether the downloads from someone another computer are in the same form as the original. In other words, if the original on your comp is lossless and I download it, am I getting the same lossless file? I assume that is the case but in my quick look at the website, I didn't see an answer.

Hopstretch, I have Mojo working. Instead of say ok to closing the program when the error message comes up, I ignored it and started to play songs from your library. I'm in the process of downloading some music to see the type of file I end up with. I choose from your lossless files. The player seems okay, there are some buffering issues. If they continue than using it for playback would not work for me.

Hopstretch, I have Mojo working. Instead of say ok to closing the program when the error message comes up, I ignored it and started to play songs from your library. I'm in the process of downloading some music to see the type of file I end up with. I choose from your lossless files. The player seems okay, there are some buffering issues. If they continue than using it for playback would not work for me.

Shhh! ;)

I still can't connect to you. My guess is UPnP is off on your router?

Anyway, I've had no buffering issues playing from other libraries. I'm uploading a backup to Mozy right now, so maybe that is causing bandwidth problems on my end. Did you try it out on your home Mac yet? My sense is the Windows version is still very rough.

• 10 months later...