Team from Hawaii wins Little League World Series

riceboy

Yesterday the team from Hawaii overcame a 5 to 1 deficit in the top of the sixth to win 7 - 5 to make it to the title match against Mexico. They were the underdogs against favored Mexico, but won 12 - 3. Just wanted to say congratulations to the boys from Waipio representing my home town :D.

bilde?Site=M1&Date=20080824&Category=BREAKING02&ArtNo=80824033&Ref=AR&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&Q=90&title=0

Iolana Akau made this diving catch while playing with a hairline fracture of his left elbow and homered today.

bilde?Site=M1&Date=20080824&Category=BREAKING02&ArtNo=80824033&Ref=V3&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&Q=90&title=0

I heard that they almost missed their plane due to tighter than normal TSA at HNL. I'm glad they made it, they looked impressive and never gave up. I feel really bad for the Louisiana kid, the first baseman that bobbled the easy end of game 3rd out allowing Hawai'i to tie and eventually win. The kid must be traumatized like the Buckner of Little League.

That was among the greatest video games to have ever been created. Right up there with Zelda1, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Secret of Mana, and the GTA series.

You know I was always more a fan of original NES Hockey? Again I could just choose all fat guys and dominate every time. Then Blades of Steel came out, all fancy pants with its fights.