Ordered Custom Amp.

Yikes

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The boards for the power supply and control are being sent for fabrication next week. Then the prototype will be assembled. There are a couple of output variations that we?re going to try. I should have the first prototype by late September.

John is deferring to my headphone experience (The fool?. I mean the sheriff is going to do it. ). So I?ll be giving him feedback about the sound and so forth.

In early October I?ll be inviting some quasi-local members to a mini-meet to get their opinions.

The only real problem is that the units that we ultimately build are going to be silly expensive. Right now we?re looking at between 2 ?3 thousand dollars in parts; not counting the Siltech internal wire. It?s going to have at least that much wrapped up in Siltech wire. It?s going to be using the equivalent of Compass Lake interconnect for internal wire.

If the amp makes it into production it?s likely to use a significantly less expensive Siltech internal cable.

Still, I am so fucking jazzed about this amp. John makes killer sounding tube designs, and he is pulling out all of the stops on this one. He was excitedly telling me about the circuit and quickly went over my head.

Damn! Within a month I?ll have a prototype to listen to. :dance: