can this stuff be hooked up? (receiver and speakAr)

lostonetr

I don't know much on these units. Friend has them already, and he was asking me bout hooking em up. I just didn't want to just say "yes go for it" and find out I did something to mess up the receiver.

Receiver: Sansui 9090DB

Speakers: JBL Northridge E30 6-Inch Speakers

From what I found on the net regarding the sansui, it's

Rated at 125 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms.

And for the speaker, I found

Maximum recommended amp power: 125 watts

Continuous power handling: 70 watts

Peak power handling: 280 watts

Nominal speaker impedance: 8 ohms

Sensitivity/efficiency: 88 dB

I see the max recommended 125 W, and the 8 ohm nominal match up. But then what's the continuous 70watts for?

Anything I should be concerned about if I were to help him hook the stuff up?

If he wants to try bi-wiring. The speakers got 5 binding posts each, and the amp itself uses the spring clips. It's ok to have 2 of the bare wires running into the same spring clip right (i.e. Right_speaker_cable1-black1 + Right_speaker_cable2-black2 into the receiver's spring clip for right_black) ?

Also should he be worried about needing to get the capacitors swapped? Or whatever part it is on older equipment that needs to get looked at.

I don't know much on these units. Friend has them already, and he was asking me bout hooking em up. I just didn't want to just say "yes go for it" and find out I did something to mess up the receiver.

Receiver: Sansui 9090DB

Speakers: JBL Northridge E30 6-Inch Speakers

From what I found on the net regarding the sansui, it's

And for the speaker, I found

I see the max recommended 125 W, and the 8 ohm nominal match up. But then what's the continuous 70watts for?

Anything I should be concerned about if I were to help him hook the stuff up?

Nope.

If he wants to try bi-wiring. The speakers got 5 binding posts each, and the amp itself uses the spring clips. It's ok to have 2 of the bare wires running into the same spring clip right (i.e. Right_speaker_cable1-black1 + Right_speaker_cable2-black2 into the receiver's spring clip for right_black) ?
Yes, though I probably wouldn't bother.

Also should he be worried about needing to get the capacitors swapped? Or whatever part it is on older equipment that needs to get looked at.

If it has alot of hum (60 or 120 Hz), it may be in need of having the PSU electrolytics replaced.

Got a question bout channel imbalance.

setup: some random source, output --> RCA cable --> Aux in of receiver

The left's projecting slightly more sound compared to the right according to the monitors on the receiver...

A range of 0.05 to 0.2 dB

He mentioned the difference not really being audible. Is that range of difference normal/within acceptable standards for this unit?

And for the bass controls, "Bass: 300Hz, Defeat, 150Hz"

He was playing around with it, and some of them muted the sound. Is it supposed to do that? I think it's something related to phono preamp stuff, but I don't know jack on it.