I need to get myself one of these

what is that? just a radio?

oh nm found it

http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/

I WANT THE GUITAR

and that's no radio - that's a portable headphone amp! hey, maybe next nat. meet we can bring our guitars and use this to play licks through our cans!

Fender Hello Kitty Headphone Amp

Price: $19.99 - $24.99

Description from samash.com: No matter where you go with your Fender Hello Kitty Electric Guitar you can now take your amp with you. Introducing the Fender Hello Kitty Headphone Amplifier, just plug in and go! This little amp features three modes of operation including: Clean, for your bluesy, smooth and acoustic feel / O-Drive, which emulates the sound of your favorite overdriven tube amplifier for soaring leads / Dist, for your all-out heavy metal-hard rock grind! Also included are a personalized set of Hello Kitty headphones, a belt clip and 9volt battery.

this sucks. now i'm getting GAS about home recording again. about to pick up a SHURE SM57 mic, and hunting for a mic preamp as we speak. makes sense since i already have a EMU 0404. dammit. if i just had head-fi, i'd stick to one hobby!

The 0404 can't handle mic level inputs? It's not like the SM57 is a hifi device anyway :)

good point. i'm going to buy an xlr-to-1/4 cable, then a 1/4 mono to dual mono 1/4 splitter...oh hold on, can't the EMU software just take one channel and spread it mono across both channels? I'm going to save me some money. OK, just a xlr-to-1/4 mono cable then. That should do it? argh!