nice amp cases

Smeggy

Is there anywhere in the US or close by that sells the HI-Fi 2000 cases, specifically the black 2U Pesante Dissipante 300mm or something similar. Decent quality, not like the crappy Par Metals case I have now.

Preferably priced in $US and not cost an arm and leg to ship like it would from Italy, or is there no way around this pickle?

My experience, no way around the pickle. No one stateside (that I've found offers anything in the way of a chassis with integrated heat sinks. But, what I'd add to that is to say that even after paying the exorbitant shipping from Italy you'll still end up paying less than what you would for the same chassis made in the US.

I agree. Don't view it as shipping; look at the total price. You would pay at least $20 and possibly more from Par Metals for shipping and that isn't including the heatsinks. The Conrad heatsinks (to match) would easily run you $70 for a pair (MF30s) from Aus.

My fav. US chassis (and Nate talked me into trying these) are the Context Engineering ones. I've also seen some pics of Lansing enclosures (does Thrice use these some?) that looked pretty decent. But I still think in pics the hifi2000 look the best.

You could always look to thlaudio or vt4c as well.

Context cases are nice, but be prepped to do your own ventilation which can be a huge time suck. Lansing are the nicest looking I've worked with so far (their finish on the Graybox series is outstanding) but their top and bottom plates are pretty light gage so be prepared to address those. Not a big deal, but something to consider. There is also Teko who caries some cases you'll recognize, but not the ones you're looking for unfortunately.

Finally, Par Metals is hit or miss and the only way that I'd use them again is to order a painted chassis body with no face or back plates.

If your goal is not an all aluminum commercial quality style case, you'd be better off doing something like Amb did with his Dynamite and B22 builds: use the heatsinks as a structural element (i.e., the sides), then do your wood front, maybe have FPE do a back panel, and get some sheet aluminum or whatever to do the top and bottom of the case.

I did use Lansing once, but as Nate said, the top and bottom panels typically need reinforcement as they flex a bit.

Typically I use Context cases. I've also used these:

DIY Enclosures LLC. - Welcome

But there is a finite supply and they are starting to run out.... unless you like gold front panels. It looks like they are out of the heatsink cases as well.