Shooting in Binghamton

jinp6301

Just heard the news about ten minutes ago, feel for those involved. It seems so crazy that it feels like it could have happened anywhere. I really hope to hear good news about those recovering and that this ends soon with no more tragedies, best case being that along with the shooter getting his own bullets put in his gut.

And what specifically is wrong with chickenshit people these days? If the final intention is to kill yourself anyway, cut out the fucking innocent bystanders and suck the fucking gun barrel first. Save all of us the grief. Or stick around after the event and take your goddamn punishment.

I think this incident highlights the need to encourage Asians to access mental health services/care more frequently. I remember reading that Asians access mental health care 90% (!) less than average, for a variety of social and cultural reasons. It sounds from the news reports that this guy was really depressed and many people around him knew it. He lived with his parents so they could have helped him get treatment. Likewise, the VA Tech shooter was schizophrenic but never got treatment. There's no reason for people to suffer alone.