can anybody tell me what type of Hofner guitar this is?

Chekhonte

A roommate of mine died a few years ago and everyone his family has taken all that they want to remember him by and while cleaning out the garage I found this guitar. I contacted his parents and they said that I could keep it for cleaning out all of his stuff. Hofner made a ton of hollow bodied electric guitars and I can't find this specific model. The only lettering I can find is Hofn and 1946, Berlin. The back has the serial number nv0550 andd the date 2-10-49. can you guys help me out?

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

Sure it will, I hope so. Just in case, start looking for a proficient luthier in your area. He can be very helpful to align the bridge, setting the action, giving hints to preserve it, and providing service if needed. Also he could give you an estimation of its value. Maybe it's worth enough to have it properly insured. I'm quite sure it is ;)

thanks for the advice, coincidentally I personally know a luthier from when I played the cello many years ago. I haven't talked to her in about a half a year but I'm sure that I can invite her to an innocent dinner and ambush her with the guitar. Insuring it is also a great idea. I should do that, and get a proper hard shell case.