Bamaslama tube amp

Bidoux

I am probably starting to much thread here but anyway, here is another one.

I heard about the Bamaslama amp, and now I want to build one.

schematic: PSU amp

Is the relay needed because of the power supply design ? Does it make a "plop" when you power the amp ? Can I use cheap dual op-amp or something special is needed there ? Then what kind of relay do I need ? Are all resistors 1/4W ? Do i need matched pair for the second stage tube ? What will be the DC offset like ? What is the filament wiring like ?

What will be the approximate price to build it ? I will use cheap coupling caps in the first time.

Lots of question as always,:eek:

wasnt there a thread over on head-fi about this amp? Why not just read that one? Are you expecting someone here to troubleshoot a complicated amp just like you are expecting us to read & condense that thread for you?

The relay is controlled by the DC servo.

Your questions about why the relay is there scares me. It is there to (hopefully) protect the headphones in the event that the amp is switched on with them plugged in or in the event of a tube failure. If you should be building this amp you should be able to calculate the power dissipated in any resistor in the amp. Actually all of your questions scare me: not that you are asking them, but that you cant find the answers yourself. EEK!

If you need to ask if you should build it, you should not. To expand, just because you didn't ask dosnt mean you should either. You know what you should do, do that :) You dont want to build this amp.

Figure out exactly what you should be building and build that amp. Unless you lied to yourself about what you can really build it will come out nice and then you can build something better and better and better....

The power supply is almost guaranteed to blow if built as shown

Could be, i ran it off bench supplies.

The idea for this thing, and stuff like it is to get rid of the nasty output cap. You can do pretty much exactly

the same thing for a singlepower extreme. And with all OTL direct coupled tube amps, you absolutely have

to have output short circuit protection. Most people consider 6as7's to be expensive fuses.

Edited by kevin gilmore