What DAC chip does Marantz vc5200 use?

sharnid

I've been looking through 10 pages of google results and nothing. If there is a webpage somewhere that lists sources and their respective DAC chips I'd love ot have a look. Or if someone here owns a Marantz vc5200 and knows the answer that'd be great.

I got this 5disc player back in 2001, loved it, and was never curious about what's inside. But recently I crawled out of the rock I was living under and bought an entry set: hd650, gilmore lite, pico dac. So while I'm biting nails through this 3-4 week wait time until shipment I research what I have, feed my curiosity, and try not to bother justin everyday :palm:

..wasn't sure if I should have put this post in the "General DAC Questions/Tech Thread" by The Monkey ..things got too technical too quick in there so I avoided the fray.

You don't have to take it apart, just take the cover off, take some pictures, post them, and we'll help you figure out which ones the DAC chips are (unless it's as Looser101 says, which, considering it's an entry level player, is likely).

So the Pico DAC is the fist upgrade DAC you'll have ever heard? Oh, dear...

PS Welcome to Head-Case, sorry about your thin skin &c.

You don't have to take it apart, just take the cover off, take some pictures, post them, and we'll help you figure out which ones the DAC chips are (unless it's as Looser101 says, which, considering it's an entry level player, is likely).

So the Pico DAC is the fist upgrade DAC you'll have ever heard? Oh, dear...

PS Welcome to Head-Case, sorry about your thin skin &c.

Sounds easy, I'll do it tomorrow, not wanting to wake up people in the house right now.

And yes, the Pico DAC is the first upgrade DAC I'll ever hear. Why the "Oh, dear..."? Is there a negative side to having pico DAC as first upgrade?

Thanks, the polar bear said the same thing :)

Edited by sharnid
forgot to reply to PS

And yes, the Pico DAC is the first upgrade DAC I'll ever hear. Why the "Oh, dear..."? Is there a negative side to having pico DAC as first upgrade?
Well, no, not really. The "oh dear" was more towards that you've never heard anything better than a VC5200. If you love the vc5200, then you're going to LOVE higher end gear when you get to hear it.

Damnit, I want a fancier font.

Edited by Dusty Chalk