Where's the damn plane.....

Genetic

Yep!!! I sent an item to Scottland using Canada Post. The last info on their incredible precise tracking service said that the package left the country (Montreal by air) on the 23 october. Seems that the plane has not touch the ground since...:palm:

I was wondering since a lot of you guys are so good with numbers and related science stuff....what is, by now, your evaluation of the package location in our solar system....:P

Amicalement

I guess, once the parcel reached there, you can get more up to date info from their tracking system.

Is it Houston? Calling Houston!!! Houston are you there?...:P

(Joking aside thanks for the moral boosting post)

It took to Charles Lindbergh 33 hours et 30 minutes to reach Paris from New York (and it was almost a century ago) and I was just wondering how far did my package could have gone since it take off on the 23 october.

Amicalement

Well, let's see. Supposedly, the longest non-stop commercial flight is Newark to Singapore traveling 9535 km over ~19 hours. So if we suppose your package has been traveling ~9000 km each day since the 23rd of October, your package has gone thus far 171,000 km or bit over 4 times the circumference of the Earth.

Dany, Prince Charles is in Montreal right now, you should inform him personally of this situation and he might be able to do something. ;D

On a more serious note, did you try calling Canada Post? Package is probably stuck at the UK customs.

Bonjour Guillaume,

There's a possible scenario explaining the package actual journey to Scotland. It goes like this :

1) After the finest upgrade available under the expert hands of Post Canada newest airplaine mecano ( Mikhail Rotenberg) :

1.jpg

2) The package left Canada Post Headquarter on the october 23:

2.jpg

3) The package went under the usual custom routine in the Scotish Post Headquarter:

3.jpg

4) But at the same time a violent postal strike took control of the postal building:

4-1.jpg

5) This unfortunate event is going on for so long that these guys had to take severe actions just to survive and they had to feed themselves with just about anything they coud find:

6.jpg

6) They were under so much stress and so little money that they almost regressed to their primitive state:

5.jpg

7) A sad state of affair but one of the postal worker was a long time Head-Case member and did not let this almost prehistoric BBQ go on and in the finest Head-Case tradition went all the way to find a more complex and costly solution:

7.jpg

Where was I? Yes.....back to the package's journey.

8) I contacted last week the best and the brightest Scotland police official:

8.jpg

But he could not help me that much. And that’s pretty much where I find myself.

Amicalement,

Dany

PS

I'm sorry but I dont want to distress any members here with my little postal problem. I'm sure in the end it will be OK....:)

good picture story :)

--my present experience--

a nib I ordered was sent from the US on the 3rd of november using ems, entered UK customs on the 5th and yesterday (the 11th) cleared customs. Parcelforce I presume has it now as the tracking was updated with "Attempted Delivery Abroad" which usually means I`ll get a letter from them requesting payment of VAT and fees in the next couple of days. A real delivery follows a day or two after I pay.

that is pretty much as I`d expect it to go, the strikes seem to have slowed transition times of items from customs to the delivery firm (but only by an extra 3 days or so).