Can anyone help me ?

forbigger

Folks, I now have 2 rigs (amp+usb dac) and I have been trying connecting these 2 rigs into my netbook as transport. My problem is that the netbook only recognize 1 usb port so I can't play the songs to two different rigs by hooking it to 2 different usb port.

Can someone enlighten me on how to make both of the rigs playable from one netbook ? Thanks in advance.......

Folks, I now have 2 rigs (amp+usb dac) and I have been trying connecting these 2 rigs into my netbook as transport. My problem is that the netbook only recognize 1 usb port so I can't play the songs to two different rigs by hooking it to 2 different usb port.

Can someone enlighten me on how to make both of the rigs playable from one netbook ? Thanks in advance.......

You can use a USB hub (I recommend one that can be powered from a DC adapter) to connect both and setup ASIO to output the channels to both DACs as your sound card simultaneously. Monoprice is a good place to pick up a cheap hub and some digital cables.

You can use a USB hub (I recommend one that can be powered from a DC adapter) to connect both and setup ASIO to output the channels to both DACs as your sound card simultaneously. Monoprice is a good place to pick up a cheap hub and some digital cables.

Yep...that's the only way I've been able to do it. Instead of using a USB hub, I simply switch devices via ASIO4ALL. They both show as USB DAC so sometimes I pick the right one and sometimes I don't. I only use one USB DAC now, so it's no longer an issue.

Yep...that's the only way I've been able to do it. Instead of using a USB hub, I simply switch devices via ASIO4ALL. They both show as USB DAC so sometimes I pick the right one and sometimes I don't. I only use one USB DAC now, so it's no longer an issue.

Oh yah, I also do this via ASIO4ALL. Fun experiment for me, one DAC to headphones, the other to speakers.

gave up guys.....fiddling for almost 2 nights on the row still coudlnt figure it out....never mind......just copied all my songs to my desktop notebook and install foobar the run one rig from there and another from the netbook.....the no brainer way......

EDIT : Browsing Stello DA100 (I'm using this and pico for the other rig) thread at HF and now I remember that this DAC dont support ASIO.......so anyway the only solution is my current solution i guess

gave up guys.....fiddling for almost 2 nights on the row still coudlnt figure it out....never mind......just copied all my songs to my desktop notebook and install foobar the run one rig from there and another from the netbook.....the no brainer way......

EDIT : Browsing Stello DA100 (I'm using this and pico for the other rig) thread at HF and now I remember that this DAC dont support ASIO.......so anyway the only solution is my current solution i guess

You could always use two programs and set the output device, but they won't be synced or even likely to sound exactly the same if they were. Yep. Different programs sound differently to my ears for sure.