"New" Jimi Hendrix album to be released: Valleys Of Neptune

Grahame

A new Jimi Hendrix album featuring a host of unreleased studio material is to be released on March 8.

The tracklisting for "Valleys Of Neptune" is:

1. 01. Stone Free
  2. 02. Valleys Of Neptune
  3. 03. Bleeding Heart
  4. 04. Hear My Train A Comin'
  5. 05. Mr. Bad Luck
  6. 06. Sunshine Of Your Love
  7. 07. Lover Man
  8. 08. Ships Passing Through The Night
  9. 09. Fire
  10. 10. Red House
  11. 11. Lullaby For The Summer
  12. 12. Crying Blue Rain

New Jimi Hendrix Song, 'Valleys of Neptune,' to Premiere on Spinner - Spinner

The complete 'Valley of Neptune' album will hit stores and digital retailers on Mar. 9. That same day, the Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project will reissue, through Legacy Recordings, new deluxe CD/DVD and vinyl editions of the Hendrix classics. The DVDs will include new documentaries by Grammy-winner Bob Smeaton.

New Jimi Hendrix album to be released - Telegraph

New Jimi Hendrix Album To Be Released | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Jimi Hendrix's final recordings, 'Valleys of Neptune,' set for release

[url=http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/11/hendrixs-final-recordings-set-to-arrive-on-valleys-of-neptune/]Hendrix

• 1 month later...

1 more week to go! Small correction: release date is next Tuesday 3/9. Kinda excited myself as I don't own any Jimi Hendrix albums yet.

Also thought I'd reiterate that newly remastered CDs of Are You Experienced, Electric Ladyland, Axis Bold As Love, and First Rays of the New Rising Sun will also be coming out on 3/9 and will also each bundle a DVD for the low price of $10 per title at Amazon. I have all 5 of the new releases queued up in my cart now, just waiting to buy them early next week. :)

1 more week to go! Small correction: release date is next Tuesday 3/9. Kinda excited myself as I don't own any Jimi Hendrix albums yet.

Also thought I'd reiterate that newly remastered CDs of Are You Experienced, Electric Ladyland, Axis Bold As Love, and First Rays of the New Rising Sun will also be coming out on 3/9 and will also each bundle a DVD for the low price of $10 per title at Amazon. I have all 5 of the new releases queued up in my cart now, just waiting to buy them early next week. :)

Down to 8.99 today for all of them except First Rays of New Rising Sun and Valley of Neptune (they are still 10 bucks). Just ordered all 5 and can't f'n wait

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's respectable for a studio album, I'm much more of fan of his live recordings which is where I think he really shines. The Blue Wild Angel version of "Red House" absolutely kills the one on this album, and of the songs on the album where there's live versions, the live ones are always better. Not necessarily in sound quality, but in the way the band plays and how they jam and make the music really take a life of its own.

I'll probably make my own version of the album by replacing as many tracks as I can with live versions.