Bel Canto DAC3

humanflyz

That's because they are all using Zhaolu, which is the BEST EVAR!!!!1111

^__^

(not me I dodge chinese hifi)

what about a 2 box cd player like the resolution audio opus 21 that has digital in? :)

So far the Opus 21 is the best CDP I've heard. I prefered it to the Meridian 588.

Someone at the Boston meet said he tried the digital in from his computer (not sure what soundcard) he said it sounded great but not as good as the CD transport.

One thing I'm curious about for those who have had Bel Canto digital sources in the past: does Bel Canto have a "house" sound so to speak?

I wouldn't say so. I don't have a lot of experience with high end DACs but to me the DAC2 doesn't place emphasises on any frequency.

I'm still waiting to get the Lavry DA10, I could then do a comparison

That's because they are all using Zhaolu, which is the BEST EVAR!!!!1111

don't start flaming until you hear it.

no, 2K is not that much for a dac, but we need to confirm that it's better than the usual lavry/benchmark/transporter deal to take it seriously... that and i need to start saving. i'm waiting for reviews... and the CI audio dac claims to be in that league also, but no real review of that one yet.

DAC1 should be Class S

...S is for Suck :D

The Lavry Black DA10 is great, but I doubt it would make Class A if they knew their ass from a hole in the ground and actually reviewed some good equipment. I think that if you take the whole unit into account and the price, the Lavry Black DA10 should be Class A+... but just as a DAC, I'm not so sure.

Lol, naw, that's not flaming. I just can't take it seriously when people get all hyperbolic about it. Is it possible that it's better than an Estoeric transport/DAC stack? Maybe, since I haven't heard it, so anything is possible. But is it likely? Probably not.

it's more of the culture of Headcase to suggest that people on Head-fi think that that zhoalu's are better than an esoteric stack, than anyone who owns it or writes about it.

i've heard the esotieric before, and i know it's the best analogue i've ever heard (despite Tyll's wadia and the Moth-U dac) I also know it sounds better than the other little chinese dacs and good enough to make me wait till i save up enough for something big, like a transporter/dac-3, or a possible Eddie current dac.

it's more of the culture of Headcase to suggest that people on Head-fi think that that zhoalu's are better than an esoteric stack, than anyone who owns it or writes about it.

Except it has been zhalou owners that have made such grandiose claims.

In fact here's a very good example why people get tired of the zhalou or any product that gets insanely over-hyped:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202429

that.. that wasn't a very good review... i think it hurt zhaolu owners more than it helped them.

in either case, he didn't actually come out and say that it's better than X product or whatever.

You don't take stereophile seriously do you?

Mainly read it for fun. I'm aware of their bias.

The Benchmark DAC1 is an excellent DAC. Someone in headfi did an A/B comparison between DA10 and DAC1 and he said the differences were very minute. People seem to have their mind made up on it based off what just others say.

To me the DAC1 isn't very far off from my Bel Canto DAC2. Maybe ever so slightly a tad brighter...but would I be able to tell them apart in a blind test? Probably not.

Except it has been zhalou owners that have made such grandiose claims.

Seriously. The claims Ori makes are ridiculous.