Denon AH D2000 or Sennheiser HD 650 for gaming?

Polarity

I've recently purchased myself some budget Sennheisers and Rolands (HD 212 pros and the RH-200s) for my PC / Drum kit, and decided to plug both in to my sound card. The Rolands blew me away despite their flat, monitor purpose and the 212 pros were nice for bassy music, but not so great for gaming. If Roland RH-200's can blow me away, I want to fork out more and get something better!

I've decided I was to go a few notches up and grab a pair of medium range headphones for gaming.

From what little I know of specs, I see that the Denons are only 20 Ohms, presumably meaning I'd not need a canamp for them, but definitely for the 650's?

I understand that open headphones have a better sound-stage, but that the Denons are, considering they're closed, quite decent in stage. I live in a large share house where noise is always an issue, screaming babies and annoying 2 year olds are ever present, all I'd like to hear is the mushy sound it makes when I shoot someone in the head in Battlefield as bullets whiz past sounding directionally accurate.

Your recommendation and reasons for them would be well received, I make the big buy in 2 days.

I had the D2000 for a good while, they're well built (imo better than the D5000...) I didn't really use the for gaming much, however I do use the D5000 for gaming, they work very well, you can hear all ambient sounds properly, in stealth games you can easily hear footsteps or when you kick a can or w/e.

Battlefield games work great as well, sometimes the bass is a bit too strong but other than that they're good. Also they are very comfortable headphones.

P.S. oh and be sure to read that first msg you get when you join :D

I had the D2000 for a good while, they're well built (imo better than the D5000...) I didn't really use the for gaming much, however I do use the D5000 for gaming, they work very well, you can hear all ambient sounds properly, in stealth games you can easily hear footsteps or when you kick a can or w/e.

Battlefield games work great as well, sometimes the bass is a bit too strong but other than that they're good. Also they are very comfortable headphones.

P.S. oh and be sure to read that first msg you get when you join :D

Thanks for the heads up!

I get it though. If I came to the realisation one day, while sitting at home lathering my face with the sweet victories of nothingness, that I' spent 4 years of my life posting over 15 messages a day to a HIFI forum, totaling over 25 thousand, I'd be pretty upset at the world. So I understand the "go away" comment, much the same I understand people don't want other people around to witness their conduct if said conduct is immensely unbecoming.

Could you elaborate on that? I disagree, and would say they are both built to the same standards.

Well the D2000 I had never had falling cup problem, not sure if they used a different screw, but I've had this issue many times with the D5000, some people even replaced their screws. And yes the build quality for both isn't that great but one costs around ~$200 less than the other.