Fantasy Hockey?

Yikes

I saw that there is a gathering HC fantasy FB thang, but I didn't chime in because I'm ignorant about Football (ok, and most other things). The only sport that I know anything about (besides synchronized swimming) is NHL Hockey. So I thought I'd just throw it out there.

Any interest in a Fantasy Hockey League? I've never participated in a Fantasy anything, that is unless you count Crush Videos :) (it took me a minute to think of something really bizarre). But I'd be game.

I found a site for managing a Hockey Pool. It's free, so I signed up for it. Which would make me the administrator. Now if we can get let's say 8 to 12 of us interested in taking part. If we get enough people we can decide how to hold a draft. A live draft using Head-Case Chat might be interesting. Anyway, we have some time.

Post your interest.

Otherwise we could start a Fantasy Tennis Pool,.... maybe not

I love hockey, but am not sure I like this whole fantasy thing. I'm going to check out fantasy football because it's just another game I don't know how to play, and since I don't really care about any of the real teams, it just fun, or so I hope. Not really willing to do the hockey thing at the same time.

I really don't see a fantasy league assembled on this forum being too intense... Even for the admin. We'd hold the draft (pick) teams. Then I'd enter the teams in the system. Then everyone would get email updates with standings. At some point we could hold a 2nd draft.

I see it as something that motivates following the hockey season a little closer.