Got the BAT REX preamp

tom_hankins

Damn Tom, that's awesome! Did you get a choice of color, and if so which one?

On the amps, definitely go for maximum tube power...like the 150s. When a tube amp can swing huge transients and still be well in its clean range, it's a thing of beauty. 150 continuous watts (should be able to do transients much higher) should be ample. The big big tube amp upgrade was the biggest difference I'd heard from electronics. Not quite as fun running them in this Georgia summer, though.

Damn Tom, that's awesome! Did you get a choice of color, and if so which one?

On the amps, definitely go for maximum tube power...like the 150s. When a tube amp can swing huge transients and still be well in its clean range, it's a thing of beauty. 150 continuous watts (should be able to do transients much higher) should be ample. The big big tube amp upgrade was the biggest difference I'd heard from electronics. Not quite as fun running them in this Georgia summer, though.

I was thinking about the Rogue M-180s too. I can swing a pair of those new for the 5500.00 and not have to worry about buying used. i got the REX new (demo) from a dealer. so its got the full warranty. Didnt get a choice in color but prefer what i did get over the two-tone. Its the all black one. Got it warming up right now. I feel your pain with the heat. Close to 40 tubes when spinning vinyl on the system now.

• 1 month later...

Been using the VTL MB 185 signature amps and they are going to be staying. Incredible bass, balanced from top to bottom, lots of power. They also have had the stock caps switched to Hovlands and the resisters are upgraded to Vishay s102's. They have been on for 5 days and are quiet and no problems. if they continue this for another week I'll list my beloved Snappers :( for sale. They sound great but the Harbeths need more power for the bass to shine. I'm pretty much done. I Really wanted to build an all tube system that would be my dream system. With the VTLs and the REX preamp, and big Harbeths, dream come true. All I have left to do is get the Dynavector arm mounted and I'm done. If anyone is in the ATL. area drop me a line and bring some tunes, open for music pretty much 24/7.