Dehumidifier recommendations, anyone?

Voltron

We used a portable Delonghi in our half finished basement for several years, pretty much continuously during the summers. A nice workhorse.

But if you don't want to be emptying the water container every other day, it's best to find a way to pipe it outside or at least to some kind of drainage.

We ended up spending the $ and putting a permanent unit in the unfinished portion of the basement, with A/C style piping to the finished side. The good news is that's it's quieter when you're in the room, the bad news is that the dry air being pumped in is warm, which makes it warmer in the summer.....

I wish I had one I loved, but I don't. I have a Royal Sovereign but it hasn't been too reliable. The humidistat doesn't work like it used to, so it keeps running. But I do like that it has a pump to pump the water up and into the utility sink, so I don't have to keep emptying it. At the time, this was the rare model that had this feature, but it's become more common now.

When this one totally dies, I'd probably get a similar model from a better company like this:

http://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-DD50P-Energy-Dehumidifier-Patented/dp/B003FJU48G/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

Good luck!

Edit: I would echo skullguise in that all dehumidifiers add heat to the room, since they don't vent out the hot air, like an air conditioner. This might be important for you, since it's a bedroom. Even our basement can get too warm in the summer, when it's running constantly.You might be better off with a mobile AC, which I have in my upstairs bedroom. We have this:

http://www.amazon.com/MobilComfort-KY-80-Portable-Evaporative-Dehumidifier/dp/B003E8GG3U/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=appliances&qid=1317813615&sr=1-21

It works fine for a small room, but we got it because it's cheap. I'm sure there are better models.

Edited by jvlgato