Some power questions

postjack

and why not Jb..

first off AC Vs Dc..

Ac will always cause you to let go and do this fast, its a shock and your body's natural reaction is to let go. sometimes (pending) ac will throw you back, like really throw you off and back a few feet (well you get the point).

Dc will paralyze you and you won't be able to let go..nor will it throw you back..your can (pending) get almost stuck on to it...you'll be fucked.

Dc is also the same way your brain uses to send signals, in other words it can easily do damage quicker then ac.

if your wet and playing with 110ac your fucked, your in poor health..your fucked, if you cant let go and the breaker does not trip...oh boy your fucked hardcore.

When I made my first reply I meant 110 won't kill or can't kill you cause a healthy human being wiring an outlet will take the common sense (pending) and not be wet/damp/etc and even if you get a shock first you'll let go (you can not make yourself hold on, your body will over ride it..sort to say) or throw you off the wires and at the very least (if you can not let go ) the breaker should kick in and shut down power.

and I am not getting defensive but i am not the one who started the high school games of calling names niether....please consider going to the nat meet..

love to hang out with you.. :-*:-*

Ventricular fibrillation - A low-voltage (110 to 220 V), 50 or 60-Hz AC current traveling through the chest for a fraction of a second may induce ventricular fibrillation at currents as low as 60mA. With DC, 300 to 500 mA is required. If the current has a direct pathway to the heart (e.g., via a cardiac catheter or other electrodes), a much lower current of less than 1 mA, (AC or DC) can cause fibrillation. Fibrillations are usually lethal because all the heart muscle cells move independently. Above 200mA, muscle contractions are so strong that the heart muscles cannot move at all.

DC will kill you not A/C

if your wet and playing with 110ac your fucked, your in poor health..your fucked, if you cant let go and the breaker does not trip...oh boy your fucked hardcore.

Ok, so now you're saying AC can kill. You started in this thread saying AC voltage can't kill Billy, that's a stupid and irresponsible thing to say, especially if you're a licensed electrician. I'm all for you sharing your knowledge but some of the things you've stated in this thread are asinine.

as i said in the reply above

I meant 110 won't kill or can't kill you cause a healthy human being wiring an outlet will take the common sense (pending) and not be wet/damp/etc and even if you get a shock first you'll let go (you can not make yourself hold on, your body will over ride it..sort to say) or throw you off the wires and at the very least (if you can not let go ) the breaker should kick in and shut down power.

in that case no it will not..

fraction of a second, the breaker should trip in (i think, its been a awhile here) like 20-30milliseconds..the breaker (again thats last line of chance) usually never has the chance to trip cause the reaction is so fast to pull away its amazing...its probably why everytime a kid/child sticks something in an outlet they are not killed. under the conditions that are most likely to happen (I actually never heard of anyway other then that happening) you can not die/killed from 110. nice job at copy/paste though.

I went back and did some talking to my practicing bud's..anyway

First off the breaker has to be a gfci (a ground fault breaker) to save your ass. most common breakers in your house ARE NOT GROUND FAULT.

I was wrong there...

second off i went back to my original reply and yes 110 can kill you (as in if someone has you tied up with exposed wires), again my reply above you see where i was coming from thought wise (re-wiring outlet),

to answer and correct my reply..Yes 110 can kill you..yes I was wrong on that.

I think I should of said wiring the outlet wont kill you (again you'll pull away way to fast)...should not have said 110 won't kill you.

before anyone would actually be willing to do a re-wire job for the first time I always state the safety and security in doing so of course..(i never fuck around with outlet's etc..then again I learned the hard and ugly side of it). safety in talking the steps to make sure there is no live power running,testing with the tools to make double sure,knowing what your touching at all moments,knowing your area,etc and Security of not having a all out fear but not be lax-ed and cocky.

so I stand myself corrected, 110 can kill.

• 3 months later...