Best laptop at-work-modest appearing headphones under$200?

workerdrone

My Criteria for at work headphones:

- under $200 - don't want my boss to think i dont need a raise

- not showy - huge cans make it look like I'm not working

- extra amp not feasible - might "walk off"

- have to work with a dell 610 laptop

- like to have some bass

- open cans will bother my neighbors

thank you experts!

I've been very happy with my K81DJs after I swapped in the Senn HD25 velour pads and foam inserts. Bass went from muddy and overpowering to tighter and controlled. Overall presentation is much more balanced and enjoyable. They've stretched out enough so that they're comfortable for 3-4 hours at a time. And they sound pretty good un-amped. I use mine primarily when travelling, so I don't do any real critical listening with them. But I did do quite a bit with my Millett when I swapped the pads, and they held up pretty well. The velour pads were $13 IIRC, and with them the K81DJs are decent headphones for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go for in-ears myself. Not as good a sonic bang/buck as phones, but more manageable. UE Super.Fi Pro should be within your budget if you shop around. If there's hissing you can use the included airline adapter.

Headphonewise the HD25-1 would be good choice as it looks a bit hokey, but I don't find it that comfortable for more than a couple of hours of contiguous use.