Schiit Yggdrasil

postjack

I have had similar positive experience. Bought Yggy new, added GEN5 USB, added new analog board, use quality USB cable and quality electronics. I can’t imagine ANYTHING sounding better. I agree, customer service has been spotty but overall I am very pleased with Schiit and the Yggy.

I also have a yggy for about 1 year. I can tell, there are definitely some glitchs in the driver. I frequently switch the default output audio device in my windows OS between a built in realtek driver and Schiit's gen 3. Often, I click the mute button in the system and enable later. But weird thing is, sometime when unmute the audio output, there is 0 output yggy. Yes, it's 0 volt out of either 2 pair of SE outs or 1 pair of balanced given any input (Coaxial, USB, Toslink,...etc.). I'll have to send back for maintenance, and the problem still keep happening. They ask for sending back agin but since the shipping is expensive, I later deicide to use a bunch of weird ways to work that out. One way is keep open/close the amp downstreams, as a engineer, I have no idea what I am doing, but it works. Damn.

It may be that the way I use mine, which is quite simple, suits the Ygg.  I pipe in music via the Toslink (optical) and I have the output permanently hooked up to two amplifiers (one of my electrostatic amps...the beautiful carbon George built for me...feeds the lovely KGST Geoff built me).  I don't change that setup to speak of.  Zero drama.

HS

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

If you follow Jason and Mike's posts Schiit has developed their own USB receiver they call Unison USB which is in beta testing now supposedly will be introduced later this year or early 2020, so you would need to send in your Yggy for a new USB board unless you are comfortable replacing it yourself.