Anyone else watching Lost?

deepak

I can't imagine ever spending over $30 on a season of anything. I just can't understand who would buy it for that much. No wonder there is so much piracy and netfix accounts. I'm not a fan of piracy but I now have both seasons of the show on queued on my netfix account. You're right about the third season not being available on dvd. I must have halucinated it when I was at target.

I can't imagine ever spending over $30 on a season of anything. I just can't understand who would buy it for that much. No wonder there is so much piracy and netfix accounts. I'm not a fan of piracy but I now have both seasons of the show on queued on my netfix account. You're right about the third season not being available on dvd. I must have halucinated it when I was at target.

Some TV show DVDs are really really expensive. The only reason to purchase a TV show DVD is if you expect to rewatch it, otherwise just rent it or Netflix it. I just signed back up for Netflix so I can rent the other seasons of NYPD Blue (buddy of mine let me borrow season one), as well as The Wire and Deadwood, neither of which I got to watch. I see no need to copy the DVDs after I watched them, as I just don't think I'll ever rewatch them. And I don't copy movies or music anyway.

FWIW I am buying the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine DVDs. Mainly because I bought season one before I got a Netflix account, and since I'm neurotic I feel like I have to buy the rest. :D I just ordered Season Three. But thats okay, I'm a nerd and I don't mind this great show on display on my bookshelf. I'll also end up buying the full BG run, just because it is such an amazing show, and I'll definitely rewatch it.

Some TV show DVDs are really really expensive. The only reason to purchase a TV show DVD is if you expect to rewatch it, otherwise just rent it or Netflix it. I just signed back up for Netflix so I can rent the other seasons of NYPD Blue (buddy of mine let me borrow season one), as well as The Wire and Deadwood, neither of which I got to watch. I see no need to copy the DVDs after I watched them, as I just don't think I'll ever rewatch them. And I don't copy movies or music anyway.

FWIW I am buying the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine DVDs. Mainly because I bought season one before I got a Netflix account, and since I'm neurotic I feel like I have to buy the rest. :D I just ordered Season Three. But thats okay, I'm a nerd and I don't mind this great show on display on my bookshelf. I'll also end up buying the full BG run, just because it is such an amazing show, and I'll definitely rewatch it.

That's exactly my gripe. I'm sure most people will netflix lost and not buy it due to it's price. I would buy it if it were afordable but now there's no way and insted of making $25 or so in profit they're making 0. Then again I guess I have to concede that they understand the market better than I do.

Marcel Duchamp's Fountain.

"Fountain is a 1917 work by Marcel Duchamp. It is one of the pieces which he called readymades (also known as found art), because he made use of an already existing object?in this case a urinal, which he titled Fountain and signed R. Mutt." -from the wiki article

Is a toilet! :D

duchamp is great though. "nude descending a staircase" has become one of the most terrifying works of art I've ever seen. it wasn't scary at first, but after a while it became very scary. :o

Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg

the real fountain was destroyed when it was refused in the 1917 new york arrmoury show the picture is from a re-creation made in the 20's I believe. The story of the scandal that it created when it anonomously showed up with the entry fee is pretty good. I don't have time to tell it now but I'm sure it's online if you're interested.

"Fountain is a 1917 work by Marcel Duchamp. It is one of the pieces which he called readymades (also known as found art), because he made use of an already existing object?in this case a urinal, which he titled Fountain and signed R. Mutt." -from the wiki article

Is a toilet! :D

duchamp is great though. "nude descending a staircase" has become one of the most terrifying works of art I've ever seen. it wasn't scary at first, but after a while it became very scary. :o

Duchamp_-_Nude_Descending_a_Staircase.jpg

I find it very interesting that you terrified by the nude descending. I've never thought of that painting in that way but since you've said that I can understand why it makes you feel that way. It did, for different reasons scare the shit out of the then molding cubists.