Anyone else watching Lost?

deepak

I highly recommend discussing it over here, especially since if you do, I won't have to scold you for POSTING SPOILERS, YOU FUCKS...

Although I have to express my appreciation for the amount of effort you guys have been doing in the Battlestar Galactica thread -- I don't want to open the thread, but will instead say THANK YOU here. I have noticed, and y'all have been doing it such a way that I have been able to ignore the posts. So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I now return to your previously schedule curmudgeon.

No way. He'll be just fine. ;) Think about who he is and where he's at. Too important and critical of a character to lose.

SPOILER

Yeah, I will hard it extremely hard to believe that the writers will simply kill him off due to his centrality to the plot. But then again, they could just want to fuck with the fans.

SPOILER

No way. He'll be just fine. ;) Think about who he is and where he's at. Too important and critical of a character to lose.

SPOILER

But also remember that Locke's story arc is complete with his father dead. He doesn't serve much purpose to the show other than being a character that nearly everyone liked

SPOILER

SPOILER

Yeah, I will hard it extremely hard to believe that the writers will simply kill him off due to his centrality to the plot. But then again, they could just want to fuck with the fans.

SPOILER

I'm sure if Lost was in a dictionary "a show that fucks with the fans" would be one of the many definitions :D

• 2 weeks later...

spoilers

So who do you guys think was in the coffin? My prediction is Sawyer. My reasons:

-no one shows up for the funeral. Sawyer has no family or friends

-when the funeral director asks Jack if he's friend or family Jack says neither. Which is true, Jack wouldn't consider him a friend

-when he sees Kate at the end and asks her why she wasn't at the funeral, he says "you of all people should have been there"

Why it might not be Sawyer:

-Jack is really, really sad/disturbed about the death

spoilers

finally got around to seeing the finale...i'm going to have to think this one through before i say anything.

I am going to have to study that finale frame by frame, especially the "flash forwards."

This was the best season of the show by far, all told, despite the slow start (IMO) with the prison and tortue scenes. Once the gang escaped it was off to the races.

It's really a shame that the producers have opted for this unwise miniseason approach spread over three years. We have to wait nearly 10 months for the next season, which will be only 16 episodes.

Unfortunately for them, their ratings went down this year and never fully recovered. Moving to 10pm also didn't do them any favors.

No matter how awesome your show may be...people can and will move on to different things during a 10 month lull. I also think they'd be better off simply having two more full sized seasons of 24 episodes each vs. three 16 episode mini seasons. That's still the same 48 episodes to get the job done.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched any of this show and was thinking about picking up a season or two. I went to target and they had all three seasons but they're 50 dollars each. What the fuck? They might as well list an address with a good seeded torrent on the back so when you get home you can skip the google search.