Vikings

HiWire

• 1 year later...

Finished all 29 seasons of Vikings (Amazon Prime/Hulu/maybe still History). Not sure why I stuck with it, it’s not great, but it did a few things kind of interesting, first hitting historical—ish major events (though time-compressed and linked to a single family) and second around religion comparisons and interwinding ideas (though by they got to Buddhism it felt tacked on). For what it’s worth it landed much better than GoT, though I’m not sure how they’re going to handle the upcoming Netflix sequel, Vikings: Valhalla, as it’s set 100 years after the original series, and some events have historically already happened in the original (damn, time-compression). If you’re feeling sick or lethargic this may be for you.  

05B3C528-2F15-4252-A0F9-2235489AA9E1.jpeg

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 2

It felt like it, probably because I wanted to stop watching by the second episode, but it has strangely compelling pacing and a handful of small story arcs always happening in at least three, shifting, locations simultaneously. It’s hard to find a point to stop. For example anyone made a widow/widower (and there’s a lot of that) usually has a new lover/spouse in the same episode, sometimes the next scene. Keep on movin’ don’t stop. 

Edited by blessingx
  • Like 1