Tinnitus

JBLoudG20

I have a slight Tinnitus in my right ear, that is the result of having my eardrum ruptured. BTW: having an ear drum torn sucks. Music was distorted for me for about two years, and I still dont have perfect bass response in that ear, I believe from the presence of scar tissue.

The ring I have I only get when its silent around me. For example, right now I am in my cube at work (where it is quiet to begin with) and I have my er6i in , with nothign playing. I can hear the ringing in my right ear now, and only slightly if I take the etys out. My left ear has a normal amount of background noise.

Is there anyhting I can do for this? It's really not that bad, but sometimes it annoys me when I am laying in bed before falling asleep.

Yeah, I've got the same problem, only in my case, it's because of allergies. I'm seeing an allergist. You may want to also, as even if you don't have bad allergies, they may be exacerbating the problem, and if you treat it, it may go down to below the level of annoyance.

Other than that, I have no advice -- don't clean your ears so violently, use the Murine system or something (liquid earwax cleaner).

And yes, it does suck -- my sympathies.

I've had tinnitus ever since I went to a Slayer concert. I wore earplugs, but it was loud beyond loud and my hearing was still muffled & weird the next day. Most of the time it's only noticeable in a dead quiet room, some days it's gone entirely and some days when I don't get enough sleep it gets worse.