Wierd monitor problem

I have a flat panel display using a DVI connector with a nvidia 6 series card. I moved my computer and when I plugged it back in as soon as windows booted up past the welcome screen the monitor lost siad "no signal". I booted it in safe mode and reinstalled the drivers and it booted fine but now the desktop is stretched out past edge of the monitor. If I move the mouse to the far right the screen scrolls to the right to reveal the rest of the desktop. Sorry if that isn't understandable I'll try to explain it better if this cannot be understood.

The problem is that 1) my monitor is no longer in native resolution (1440 x 900) becaue it's being stretched and looks bad. Second I don't want to have to scroll all over the place to see everyting i need. Is there a way to fix this. I don't know what vocabulary to use to find a solution using google so I'm hoping somebody here will know what to do.

So far i've tried changed the resolution back and forth and re booting it. I'll try reinstalling the drivers to make sure that's not the problem.

One last thing, I also just upgraded my physical ram but can't imagine that would be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK so let me tell you what a horse fucker I am. I reinstalled the drivers and the problem wasn't fixed. I unplugged my videocard and plugged it back in, nothing. I pullled out the new RAM I installed, again nothing. I reinstalled fucking windows and the problem wasn't fixed. It turns out that the goddamn new NVIDIA drivers are the problem. I found some older drivers and it works like a peach. FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!

absolutely. It is a relief that it's fixed, i just wish I would have thought of using the old drivers first! On another plus side now that my windows is new and shiny and I have another gig of RAM, it's never been more responsive. I just uploaded a few gigs of music onto my mp3 player and it did it in about half the time as normal.