AKG K340 modding thread

deepak

Assume they don't, and use a multimeter to determine which wire goes where.

Question before I cut of the plug . Are the wires inside color coded? so I know where the cables go on my speaker binding posts?

If not I'd rather wait and just recable them when I have a decent cable (probably some copper speaker wire of some Hi-Fi brand)

I love the sound so far, but I feel they need more power. they sound a bit closed in /muffled , especially with busy music.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my k340's. Their condition is not as good as I expected . So feel a little ripped of since he asked above my offering with the excuse of mint condition.

Also I cannot seem to get the headband adjusted properly. It's stuck or something . they are squint when wearing them.

Take them apart and clean them, just be careful. :)

If you get some hair elastics [scunci brand work well], you can probably easily fix the headband fit problem.

If you ever make an AKG order for the velours, order a leather K501 headband as well. I found that the fit improves using this vs. the stock one.

Congrats, and enjoy your tweaking.

RE: retermination... I can't remember if the two grounds are joined at the headphone or at the plug. If your t-amp isn't happy with the grounds being tied together [mine wasn't], you may need to recable the headphone entirely if they combine the grounds at the headphone side.

OK, so I started poking around with my screwdriver. and after removing some cheapish 80's cocaine plastic I found the cables and could see left right, two seperate ground :dance:

Hooked this oldie up to my modded trends amp and now she's really singing. WOW , much faster and no congestion. everything has improved. This headphone is as good or better than my speakers now. still different. Can't believe how unheadphonish these sound. Big wide soundstage etc. :o Miles davis and John Coltrane are here O0