Dota: anyone wanna play?

gloco

We tried this with head-fi but it didn't work well because people kinda splintered up into cliques. Anyone interested in getting in some games on friday and saturday nights? That's when i'm usually available. My battlenet nick is: gdloco and i'm on Azeroth US East. ;D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I haven't played for the last few weeks, but I'm always down to play. Have you tried playing TDA games?

TDA? Err...no, I have no clue what TDA stands for. I still play in the pubs (lol, I finally figured out what pubs/pubbies meant recently). I've gotten much better too, -ar has definitely helped me sharpen up my skills. Is your nick still 'laxx'? I'll add you when I get the chance. I should be able to log on friday night for some gaming.

The "new" TDA requires you to have an icon (25 wins with any race) before you can play. I'd say the players are on a different level, but not because they're much better than pubs. Moreso because many TDA players are friends (that are also on either private Ventrillo servers or on the TDA Ventrillo), so going against 5 friends with chat is much harder than a pub game.

Also, you have to adjust to non EM. Right now, my friends and I play mostly RD, though it gets boring seeing the same heroes all of the time. I just like TDA because people don't leave games.

The "new" TDA requires you to have an icon (25 wins with any race) before you can play. I'd say the players are on a different level, but not because they're much better than pubs. Moreso because many TDA players are friends (that are also on either private Ventrillo servers or on the TDA Ventrillo), so going against 5 friends with chat is much harder than a pub game.

Also, you have to adjust to non EM. Right now, my friends and I play mostly RD, though it gets boring seeing the same heroes all of the time. I just like TDA because people don't leave games.

I actually don't play em any more, typically ap or ar, because I finally noticed how imba em games can be with some heroes. I actually prefer ar because its helping me learn how to play a lot more heroes since I probably wouldn't be as adventurous with ap. I just played storm for the first time last night and had a blast with him, lotsa fun to play.

Isn't RD the one where two people pick a hero at a time? If so, I find that one to be incredibly drawn out and utterly dull due to how it takes to go through that process.

How do I get about getting wins in dota anyway? I see that bnet doesn't keep track of any pub game wins losses (unlike in starcraft with my 1500+ wins vs 500 or so losses)...I imagine i'd be something like 500-200 by now in dota :laugh:

Heh, it's 25 Warcraft III wins. =O

And yea, RD does get a bit boring, but it's just more fun because you get to pick counter heroes and all. AR is far from being fair.

How can ar not be fair? Its totally random, sure, sometimes the teams can be way off balance, but I've come from behind quite a few times. I'll admit, I'm not that great at figuring out counter heroes yet, besides naix vs intelligence heroes and maybe mana burners (nerub and magina).

How can ar not be fair? Its totally random, sure, sometimes the teams can be way off balance, but I've come from behind quite a few times. I'll admit, I'm not that great at figuring out counter heroes yet, besides naix vs intelligence heroes and maybe mana burners (nerub and magina).

Naix is anti-tank.

• 2 months later...

=[ Probably not. I haven't played SC/BW for about 2 years, but if he wanted to play, I'd quit all the games I play now and concentrate on SC/BW again. Hell, I'm planning to do it anyway. Whenever they announce SC2's release date, I'm going to play SC/BW only to get back into macro management.

Either way, I'm still pretty confident of my skills. 7 years of ladder can't be for nothing.

But not a solid release date. What I'm hoping for is at least 6 months notice, where I take the 3 months prior to the date to exclusively play SC/BW. It should be fun. Between friends and a few gaming communities, we have a mini tournament set up for the launch date. It's going to be fun playing semi-blind, learn as you go. We already have semi strategies outlined on forums based off of unit descriptions from the Blizzard website, so it'll be fun to see how it pans out in game.