How to connect Behringer AMP800 to sound card?

Umphreak

I want to connect the output on my soundcard to one of the AMP800's inputs, but I don't know the best way to do this. The output on my soundcard is 3.5mm stereo, the Behringer AMP800 has two 6.3mm inputs for the left and right channels.

I've been getting conflicting information, one of my friends suggests this--- 1/8 in. Stereo to Dual 1/4 in. Mono Cable http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSCMP15 . My other friend says this cable would not work, as it would give two mono signals, not a left channel and a right channel.

Thanks for any help on this.

The CMP-100 Series sums stereo to mono in one direction, or applies a mono signal equally to the left and right in the other direction. Great for sending the stereo signal from a portable CD player to a single mixer channel.

It has a rather strange description however. :P

Sums stereo to mono?

Applies a mono signal equally to the left and right channel?

It has a rather strange description however. :P

Sums stereo to mono?

Applies a mono signal equally to the left and right channel?

Yes, that's what caused the confusion in the first place. Does this cable split the stereo into a left and right mono 1/4, or does it give two identical mono signals on both the 1/4s?

Edit: link to rear panel of amp800

rearpanelhp9.th.jpg