Mass Effect

tkam

Yah, fuck them, and the way they ask, and offer to give you your money back (and actually didn't even charge you). And the way they tell you how long they think it'll be. Fuck them. How dare they give good deals, but sometimes take time.

Couldn't be the distributor of the product that caused the delay?

No it wasn't a distributor. It said it was directly from amazon. I don't dislike amazon really. I was just having a bit of fun being an asshole when I said "fuck 'em". I find a lot of books I can't locally on amazon.

No it wasn't a distributor. It said it was directly from amazon. I don't dislike amazon really. I was just having a bit of fun being an asshole when I said "fuck 'em". I find a lot of books I can't locally on amazon.

You know amazon buys stuff from distributors, just like any other store, right?

I played a little bit of mass effect today and enjoyed it. The voice acting really stands out as well as the simple dialog. Most of the time all you can hope for with video game dialog is that it's not embarrassing. The conversations in this game feel natural most of the time. We'll see how I feel at the 20 hour mark however.

I managed to play a lot of mass effect last night and this morning. I'm liking this game more and more as I continue to play. The story is told well enough and is engaging. Even though the game play is only OK compaired to almost any shooter the story drives the game forward and keeps me very interested. I haven't been this into a story since final fantasy VII, however just for nostalgic reasons I like FFVII's story more.

The music is well done. It's all very basic synth that feels like it would be in a 70's or 80 sci-fi/horror movie. It does a great job of conveying the game's tension.

I highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys story driven games. This may be one of the few games that I'll keep when I beat it.

I'm really loving this game so far. two major critiques.

1. Typical Bioware, but the graphics are choppy as hell. It's stutter city when loading textures, with a lot of late pop in. Also, it gets quie slow in areas. It's really a shock to go from COD4 to Mass Effect. I realize they are trying to draw huge environments, but it's quite distracting. It would've been less of a shock going from Halo 3 to Mass Effect, but even Halo 3 was smooth at least, even though it wasn't 60fps like COD4

2. This is an Art and Design critique, but the variety of visual payoff in the different weapons and armor is majorly lame. It's the same damn weapons and armor, just different colors and textures, not to mention same sounds. It's a shame they didn't spend some time on more variety there. In the weapons and armor inventory when buying, they're all shown as suitcases. Lame. I'm being picky here, but even KOTOR had more variety. Perhaps there will be more customizations in the next episode of Mass Effect.

Otherwise, a very compelling story, and I love the Master Blaster type play with the Mako and jumping out to fight inside a building. Simply awesome.

i can't wait to play this game. fucking being broke and not having an xbox 360 or a TV.

LOL, you're spending too much money on getting speakers that you never look at unless you are directly on top of them. It's about how they sound, not what they look like, right?

Well, unless the bitches and ho's like it that way...