Viva Egoista STX

rod

34 minutes ago, justin said:

Has anyone heard from mikhail or rudistor lately? Possibly a collaborative effort?

Don't know if it's true, the rumor from the dealer of rudistor in Shanghai said that the designer passed away a few years ago🙄, and they still have some unsold rudi amps in stock...

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 11:21 AM, udurbalanced said:

I heard this yesterday at Canjam with a pair of brand new SR-007s, which the Viva rep made a point to tell me since that would apparently explain any deficiencies in the sound. Didn't spend a lot of time with it because I was waiting for the Grand Cayman with the X9K to be available but it was very okay for a $32k amp. 

On 6/26/2023 at 2:42 AM, Kung said:

Still haven't heard viva stx, however, stx seems to be marketed as an amplifier that perfectly matches the x9000 in china. 

btw~The actual selling price is about $10000 not $32k, those products are always sold well below their list price. 

I also got a chance to spend a fair amount of time with STX in a quiet environment recently. Ive also spent significant time with GC and 3ES Elite (and some very short time with a kerry T2). Honestly, for X9k, its truly a really really good pairing IMO pulling away from the other options Ive heard. That said, its by far the most variable amp I've heard when changing cans. Some things work excelently IMO (X9k, 007mk2, L700, HE60) and other sound outright broken (Corina, shang sr). Its not the same kinds of changes, but id almost compaire it to running a current drive amp (like the KG transconductance and some old bakoon options) where some cans absolutely shine (HD800S, T1.2) and others absolutely fall apart (focals most notably). I had assumed it was the transformers just not playing well with some cans, but if its not OTC I wonder what in the topology is causing this. Its even more confusing since the Z10E never had anything just sound broken on it even if it didnt have the juice needed.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ivanouk said:

IMG_20230203_155958.jpg.eae30cbfe2491d0659d19532ff3d4edf.jpg

Oh my, why that mess?

Viva Egoista STX, are you brave enough to listen to it?

good news it probably will not sound like crap for long. 💣 💥

bad news you probably will need a new house 🚒

and unless you took the regeneration perk, a new body 🚑

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 6:38 PM, spritzer said:

Because idiots think this sounds good?  What gets me are the cheap parts and just pure stupidity of using power supply caps which are known to fail as a dead short for audio coupling. 

I confirm you it sounds very good, using ears, not eyes ..don't mean is the best. However curious soldering.