Ultrasone Proline 650s...

archosman

I heard them at the Tampa meet this past Spring. They belonged to that really creepy guy from Stereomojo. They reminded me somewhat of the 2500s, which I owned, but the mid-range was even more recessed, and the treble sounded unrealistic. I don't even remember my impressions of the bass (I liked the bass of the 2500s) as I didn't keep them on long enough to form a lasting memory, but then again, I didn't like them well enough to bother.

I heard them at the Tampa meet this past Spring. They belonged to that really creepy guy from Stereomojo. They reminded me somewhat of the 2500s, which I owned, but the mid-range was even more recessed, and the treble sounded unrealistic. I don't even remember my impressions of the bass (I liked the bass of the 2500s) as I didn't keep them on long enough to form a lasting memory, but then again, I didn't like them well enough to bother.

Hi Boo

Why did you think Asr was creepy? ???

USG

Not asr! It was the guy who runs the site, Jim somebody. Very creepy. It was the first time in maybe 15 years that I had to ask my guy friends to step in and protect me more or less. There's a pic in the impressions thead from that meet where there are too many of us at one table and I'm wedged in with Mike, John, Matt, and Stephen. There's a reason for that. Poor Gene took the worst duty, though, and had to listen to him talk about himself for over an hour at the far end of another table. Major ass, and the kind that thinks when you tell him to finally fuck off, which I did, you're just being feisty and really want want even more. He was spooky, and I rarely get that feeling from guys. Ugh.

Nah. He's a rarity, thank god, and it's doubtful he'll come around again. I think he got the message when we were leaving the restaurant and no one would tell him where we were going.

But back on topic: both he and his headphones sucked, in aerius's words, donkey balls...hmmm...an ass sucking his own balls

Not asr! It was the guy who runs the site, Jim somebody. Very creepy. It was the first time in maybe 15 years that I had to ask my guy friends to step in and protect me more or less. There's a pic in the impressions thead from that meet where there are too many of us at one table and I'm wedged in with Mike, John, Matt, and Stephen. There's a reason for that. Poor Gene took the worst duty, though, and had to listen to him talk about himself for over an hour at the far end of another table. Major ass, and the kind that thinks when you tell him to finally fuck off, which I did, you're just being feisty and really want want even more. He was spooky, and I rarely get that feeling from guys. Ugh.

Wow, that's some story...... glad everything worked out. ;D

The audio engineer here let me take them home last night.

Hated them.

I ran them through my RKV and used my NAD 541.

Bloated, no detail, crappy closed headphone. Put on my Senn 600s... night and day.

A lot of guys here think they're pretty good. I'm threatening them with bringing in my gear so they can get a different opinion.

The Ultras would probably benefit with a better amp... but they still were bassy.