Qualia 010 = OMG!

Elephas

I got to hear these over the weekend and I WANT a pair! They are amazing and much more to my liking than the R-10. I got to hear them both on an SDS-XLR and my GS-X setup and on both they were just so detailed and yet smooth.

Sorry for my rave. I will have to keep an eye out for anyone selling theirs.

Oh no. I don't need to hear this about the Qualia's. This post is very >:D

That was awesome that you got to hear both Dreadhead. I have yet to hear a Qualia. Good luck if you do go for a pair and find one :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it they spanked the SA5000 then? :P

Yes I have to admit they did :P. They certainly aren't 6X better but they are better and that's all that matters to me. Most noticeable was the bass being a lot more present and controlled (no EQ on Qualia and with EQ on SA5000). The details were also just "more there".

I'll be honest I didn't compare them directly to the modded Denon D5000s but I think they soundly spank them too though possibly by less because the Denons have more bass and more detail than my SA5000 (after EQ not by much).

On the other hand I prefer both the Denons and the SA5000 to the R10 (I know that makes me totally insane :palm:). They are lovely musical phones but just too colored for me. They are so sexy though.

Damn you all, my wife wants to make me sell my other phones to get Qualias but I probably have some time to talk her down from that. Maybe she'll accept a signed agreement not to buy any camera/stereo equipment for 2 years, she's a lawyer she'll make it stick. If I get the Qualia's before the end of the year I'll have gone from nothing to near the pinnacle (in my opinion) in less than a year. ;D