Gilmore Reference indahouse , first impressions ( pics coming )

boodi

it's incredible the virtues of this amp are putting my head to rest , and ears to pacifically drool over it.

this amp is easily the best amp I've come across , it's absolutely linear smooth outraugeoulsy extended at both ends , it gives the most effortless presentation , while keeping the bass solidly firm and never an inch out of the picture .

It's solid state , but other then this it's difficult to tell it has transistor related character , which is a very good thing .

It does a very nice job with ps-1 finally .

Bass and bass to mids frq.s region are both very smooth and very well rendered ; there's a great sense of deepness , coherence and authoritative control , and these are melt very well togheter in the sound too .

The main problem for ps-1 should be now source match - so imaging the situation I've opted to get my system a Meridian over a Wadia , that was former first love .

It does a perfect job for hp-2 , they're singing out every last bit of their virtues , these cans never chase to amaze me .

Fact with hp-2 was , even if building up a thick dry and solid -not overpowered- bass, they miss the lill low region vibe that sometimes makes music more a joy :looking to ps-1: . I would ( and will ) strongly advice any hp-2 owner look at HeadAmp top of the line products for amping the hp-2 . It do a great job on all the frq. spectrum , and moreover synergise on this aspect that's peculiar hp-2 .

It lacks the final bit of mids roundness for them though , so I see where's a melos could say " I'm better" in front of it.

It's definitely sold state , but that's the best of the best of the best solid state I could imagine to plug my cans in <- insert cans orgasm here .

disclaimer

Gs-X owners can't partecipate the thread

don't have much time to take pics at the moment , but will do as soon as the G07 lands and pairs it

Congratulations on the balanced reference!

BTW, does your reference have balanced inputs? Just asking because I believe the G07 only has single-ended outputs. Rumor has it that the the balanced reference/balanced PS-1 combo is especially synergistic and you own both ;D

now if you say that the balanced is a "fine" amp you really shock me ..

the balanced better this sound..

I mean it's not the first nice amp I've got.. frankly I can't imagine a large improvement over this amp behavior .. apart of the mids thing I've yet noted ( not that mids aren't good, they are but maybe suffer a lill topping of roundness and sexyness , mainly for voices )

maybe it's not even worth to get it balanced for the cans I'll prevalently use it with ..

(:sending a omg mail to the seller:)

how much would it be upgrading to balanced..

For what i see , it misses only two modules and connectors

btw I seeing the gs-x inside pics it seem very similar ( if not the same ) of the reference balanced , with the addendum of separate power and gain switch..