Seattle Meet 3.22.08

bhjazz

Seattle Spring meet: 3.22.08!!!

I like the numerology of it (3*2) +2=8.

The next two meets should be doozies. Spring will begin our push to get more vendor participation, and at least one summer meet will be hosted by Gil who is donating his garage space and two-barrel barbecue.

So March...June...September...December...and maybe more. Last weekend's mini meet was a lot of fun, but I hope in the future we can have mini meets as well as "last minute" meets so that everyone can participate.

I also want to give some thought (with all of you, as well) to building up some themed meets. Yeah, that's right. No challenge in just bringing all of your gear. How about a Desert Island gear meet? A "cheap and dirty" meet with voting? Maybe an analog-only challenge... Lots and lots of ideas to consider.

Date

Broadview Library Seattle

12755 Greenwood Ave. N.

Seattle, WA 98133

12755 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98133 - Google Maps

Time

11:00 am to 5:45 pm. More time than ever!

(we can move to LWTC in Kirkland if the group grows)

At our previous meet in November, we had five new members show up. If you're reading this now, c'mon down! If you wish to attend, but do not want to join here just to post, send email to seattle.headfi at gmail.com which was created for this purpose.

If our group grows into the low 20s, we'll move to LWTC in Kirkland. It should be fairly affordable, and the rooms look nice.

Who Will Be There?

1. bhjazz

2. socrates63

3. Big Poppa

4. Joshatdot

5. WittyzTH

6. xtreme4099

7. Mr. Tadashi

8. iamoneagain

9. Thesrot

10. smeggy

11. mthsuperior (hopefully! Vancouver Island)

12. roastpuff (Vancouver BC)

13. AudioCats

14. crewchief

15. bigsojoe

16. mochimon

17. dgbiker

18. Optional

19. Steniacho

20. FooTemps

Yes, this thread also appears on the much slower other site, but just wanted to get the word out over here.

I hope I will be able to attend, but I have plans to travel during March so I'm not sure if I can attend. I'll let you know for sure if I can so don't put me on the list yet. I guess this is the closet meet from home, since I don't think anyone is hosting meets in Vancouver anymore.

Hey Nenso, you're certainly welcome to come on down. the list I posted on the Fi includes a few Vancouverites (roastpuff being one). If you have a userid over there you might pm them and hitch a ride down.

As for the rain, well, yeah. But that just means you get to spend more time inside with your headphone rig!