Bottlehead Seduction

postjack

Got in the Seduction today. No SUT until at least thursday, so I swapped out headshells (once again, Technics for the win. I love having multiple carts on hand, prealigned for quick install) and went from the DL-103 to the AT440MLa so I could go ahead and give the Seduction a listen.

bottleheadseduction007hp4.jpg

bottleheadseduction009sk8.jpg

bottleheadseduction004jr3.jpg

bottleheadseduction011qf1.jpg

bottleheadseduction014lb1.jpg

Wide open, warm sound, lifelike midrange, very detailed without being too neutral or boring. The brightness of the AT440MLa is greatly reduced, which is a surprise. While I have always respected this cart, I am seeing now that it scales remarkably well with a better phono. My one complaint at this point is the bass is a little muddy and lacking definition. When the midbass punch is nice, its real nice, but so far its not always nice. Looking forward to seeing out the cinemag + DL-103 combo fares with the Bottlehead.

Good news everyone!

futurama5.jpg

I got in my Cinemag SUT, and I also found a box of old Melos tubes in the top of my closet. I rolled in some Bugle Boys and am loving the synergy between these components. Very, very rich and lush, I haven't heard sound this lush in my system in some time. Maybe even too lush, but at least for the time being its fun, like rich chocolate icing over yellow cake before the tummy ache begins. The entire soundstage still manages to be surprisingly aggressive and upfront, whether I am listening with the 22Ls or 12LAs, and there is not even a hint of the DL-103's brightness.

I definitely love this cart, SUT, and phono. Lots of good stuff in my rack these days. More listening to do.