Linux Gurus, I need some help, please....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This damn thing is giving me soo much trouble. It should be straight forward and trouble free. I just can't figure out why it keeps telling me the directory is not empty. As you guys can see, it is indeed empty.

I also don't get why its keeps messing with the "/bin/ls" directory. I tried to look into the "install" file but there is no way I can edit or see its contents. :palm:>:(

Yeah, I'm gonna go see him tmrw. :(

My eyes are twitching and I've only had 2~3 hours of sleep each night for the past 3~4 days... I have headache right now.

EdipisReks asked to type:

rm -rf ~/*

What does that do btw? :confused:

Removes your root directory. I think Ubuntu is one of the few distros that will actually let you do that, unless they fixed it.

K, guys, thanks once again for trying to help me out. I appreciate you spending the time to help me try and figure this thing out. ;)

My lecturer is not gonna be happy with my "progress" tomorrow, but I can't take it anymore, I have to get some rest. Its almost 11pm here and I've only had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours... :(

Have a great day/afternoon/evening guys, I'm off to bed. I'll have another go at it tmrw morning. In the meantime if you guys have any ides, please post in this thread. Thank you sooo much once again! :D