Project Suggestion

bperboy

I've acquired some parts that need to be put to use... don't know what project would be appropriate though. I've got 2 PCBs for an adjustable power supply that can put out a max output of 2A and a voltage of under 25V. I've also got some tube prototype boards with 2 9-pin sockets on each, like this:

tubeprototype-1.JPG

What I need is an idea of what I can do with these parts... something with 12au/x7 perhaps?

Under 25V and tube? Not much there, especially in the realm of a (shitty) tube like the 12AU7. If you use a 6922, you can build a YAHA. That's all I have off the top of my head. Many tubes meant for a high B+ don't sound all that great at low voltages, but there are a few exceptions to the rule.

That's kind of a bummer, cause I think the power supply pcb I have is a somewhat complex design... oh well :rolleyes: It's gonna be awhile before I can work on that anyway.. I've gotta get settled at school. I'm more likely to build one of those MiniMaxes that Tomb is getting worked up first! Those should be pretty nice.