If you had USD 1300 to spend would you choose Marantz CD94MKII or else

Blackmore

I dunno, people are just going to recommend what they have.

I have an older Muse Electronics Model 9 Signature and recently had a chance to demo one of Kevin Halverson's newest players, the Erato II and I really liked it... a lot. It's probably the only hi-res player I've heard that has a very natural, fluid presentation. For example, I find most hi-res players to be artificially detailed. There is a certain "wow factor" in for example the Cambridge Audio players in the top end, but when you sit down and really listen, this extra resolution comes at a price and other things suffer. I find that components that have this sort of immediate wow factor rarely stand the test of time in my rig.

Other than single box units, there are some good external DAC options out there as well... just depends on your setup and sonic goals.

I'd spend around half the money on a source and the rest goes towards buying marijuana to enhance my listening experience.

Oh come on, we all know you'd invest it all shorting oil, make 100x your money, and buy some high end thing no one's ever heard before, but is the best thing ever, and buy jewels for your model girlfriend.

When I smoke a joint I can listen to LedZep only, cos such slow and the same time fucking sexy Plant voice make my whole body shake... I need some right now, joint>Plant>SEXXXXX:palm:

I'd spend around half the money on a source and the rest goes towards buying marijuana to enhance my listening experience.