Squeezebox DOA

naamanf

Just received my Squeezebox Duet that I have been waiting two weeks for. It appears the receiver is DOA. The light on the front doesn't light up. It appears everything on the powersupply side works fine. Guess I have to ship it all back and wait a month for a replacement :sadcat:

I figure a week to two weeks to get there and another two after that to get back here. I am going to see if they can just cross ship me a new one. I think that is the first piece of consumer electronics like that I have bought that has been DOA. Did a bit of googling and it seems others have had DOA receivers.

Anyone try the touch/iphone ap for controlling their SB?

Edit: If I can just control a receiver with Ipeng I might just purchase a receiver and Ipod touch. 64GB FTW.

Interesting, so it seems like with iPeng you can send the audio from the ipod to the squeezebox. Is it direct from ipod -> squeezebox, or ipod -> computer -> squeezebox?

I noticed reading it needed installation of squeezecenter, and didn't know if that meant for the comp, or if there's a squeezecenter for the ipod.

The way I understand it is that iPeng can control what music is sent to a receiver (like the Duet remote) and can also stream music to the iPod. If the receiver can be set up through either Squeezecenter or iPend one wouldn't need the Duet remote. That's $200 that can be spent on a iTouch or iPhone, both of which can do a whole lot more than the Duet remote.

Looks like you can set it up without the Duet remote.

SBR configuration tool - alpha testers required - Slim Devices : Community : Forums

Looks like I am going to buy a iTouch and just a receiver. Hopefully the new 64mb iTouch will be out tomorrow.

I used iPeng/iPod touch to control several SP3s. It's not nearly as smooth operating as the Remote app from Apple (for use with APX, etc.), but is entirely usable. I've gone back to using a standard Slim Devices remote as I use a laptop and the IPs change all the time and it takes too much time to guess IPs (or check on SB3) to connect with iPeng.