Q&A: Microsoft defends return to DRM

blessingx

Why has Microsoft gone back to DRM when the vast majority of music services have ditched it?

It's a first step. We're doing this in conjunction with a third-party provider. We'll be looking to enhance the service if we get some interest from consumers. They certainly tell us that they like listening to music while they are out and about, on their mobile phones.

At the moment, to be honest with you, we don't have the functionality in-house to provide a mechanism for transferring between mobile phones and PC. We don't have that functionality available.

Nice way to answer the question (not). f-tards.

The guy who answers the questions doesn't seem very confident that the product will sell. IMO, Microsoft should stick to making computer software and hardware, I don't think they can fight with Apple at this point for online music and music players.

I suspect that the marketing guy answering the questions here will be one of the 5000 that Microsoft will let go. Either that or made a VP. :rolleyes:

The guy who answers the questions doesn't seem very confident that the product will sell. IMO, Microsoft should stick to making computer software and hardware, I don't think they can fight with Apple at this point for online music and music players.

I think that Microsoft could be very successful in this market space. However, they need to get some knowledgeable people and come up with a revolutionary idea instead of just copying ideas that were big 5 years ago.

Edited by guzziguy