Smeggy

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sachu
Indeed!

:sadcat:

Pars, how would I know if the sigma was made for 24 or 30V? I was measuring 30 at the terminals

It depends on the transformer you are using as well as the value of R10.

If R10 is 10kohm then it is wired for +/-24Volts

If R10 is 6.81kohm then it is wired for +/-30Volts

At which terminals were you measuring 30 volts?

the outputs to the boards, and the input, input had a smidgen more volts. It was like 30.xx in and 29.xx going out I think

I had my 65mv, my 4.5v, my 0 dc offset and was just resetting offset after the 10 minute thermal drift period.

Guest sachu
the outputs to the boards, and the input, input had a smidgen more volts. It was like 30.xx in and 29.xx going out I think

So your S22 is working fine then....you are getting +/-30 volts DC on all the 4 outputs, in your case you need 3?

The input is of course in AC volts..right?

SO what did you smoke out?..one of the B22 boards?..the ground channel or the amp channels?

Guest sachu
yep, 30v ac in, 30v dc out

Well that's good..just need to debug the amp boards..connect them up one at a time and go through the amb checklist for each then..unless you know which particular board you smoked

Hah, D5 is looking suspicious... and it was in the right area. It's the smallest whatever on the board and it's giving an add reading. Meter set to 200Kohms it's constantly rising from a -48kohms???

What the hell is that thing?

*runs off to check ambs site again...

*EDIT* D5 not C5

Ok, looks like it's a 12V zener diode, and a very important one. I don't know how to test it, any clues?

Edited by Smeggy

Check the output resistors first - R12, 13, 14 and 15. I recall reading on Head Wize that they are almost like fuses when you short the outputs.

Though they are only 0.47 ohm resistors; many multimeters are not accurate that low.

Hah, =c5 is looking suspicious... and it was in the right area. It's the smallest whatever on the board and it's giving an add reading. Meter set to 200Kohms it's constantly rising from a -48kohms???

What the hell is that thing?

By measuring the resistance, you are actually charging the capacitor. It causes funky readings.

Further testing, with the sigma powered by itself I'm reading 1.6V +/-

R12 and R13 are reading 41V one side, 1.6V the other.

R14 and 15 are reading -1.6V at both ends of the resistors.

The LED is glowing faintly, but glowing.

many of the checkpoint voltages on the board seem fine, others not so.